Vimalin Community Forums

Vimalin - Virtual Machine Backup for VMware Fusion

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-02 12:31:04

Sontec

Somethings bugging me ;-)

Hi Willa,
I noticed when starting Vimalin for Windows, Vimalin states: "Next Backup: unscheduled", only when I click on a "active backup", the "Next Backup" showed.
Could you change it to show the next backup (from the schedule list) without me having to click on any "active backup" ?

I recently went to File >> Check for Updates and was asked to download the latest version of Vimalin. Upon selecting YES, I expected the Vimalin, to automatically download the newesy version and at start the new setup.....

But no problem, I started the setup manually and was greeted with the message "Vimalin is already installed. You will have to ininstall Vimalin, before...".
Would you consider to build in a function, to unintall the old Vimalin "automatically", before installing the update ?

Also I accidentally did input the wrong password for the Vimalin service, and afterwards the Vimalin services did not start anymore, duh! ;-)
Would you consider testing the user's input (username/password) before continuing with te Vimalin Service installation ?
(I have done this in the past by doing an RunAs and check if that it executed without errors)

Ik heb het weer allemaal van mij af geschreven .... ;-) groetjes Martijn.

#2 2020-10-02 12:54:27

wila
Administrator

Re: Somethings bugging me ;-)

Hi Martijn,

I like to make the upgrade process smoother, but for the moment it hasn't made the priority list yet.
However I completely agree with you on all points and already have tickets open for each of your remarks.

Added the runas tip to the invalid credentials ticket.
Not sure if the NSIS installer has an easy way for that, but it should be doable anyways.

--
Wil

Board footer